|Posted on November 12, 2017 at 3:25 AM|
Here at the House of Jewels, we get several phone calls daily from people asking about a wide variety of services we offer. Some may seem straight forward, but if you allow me to go over the most common ones, they will help you better understand your jewelry.
How much will it be to replace a watch battery?
Because not all watches are created equal, some will require more attention than simply; Open, Replace and Close.
1. What is the watch made of?
2. Is it water resistant? If so then it will need to be resealed in order not to
lose that function?
3. Does it have more than one battery?
4. Does it have a gasket? Is it still good?
Each of our batteries comes with a 1 year warranty from date of installation.
How much to size a ring?
1. Do you want it sized up or down?
2. How many sizes up or down?
3. Has it been sized before?
4. Is it a wedding band?
5. What is it made of? (14k or 18k gold, platinum, tungsten, sterling silver)
6. Is it flat or comfort fit?
7. Are there stones set into the band? If so what type of stones and can it be
sized without removing the stones?
8. Is the band damaged?
Can you repair my necklace?
Different types of necklaces require different care and time to repair so that the repair is not visible and likes like it did when it was new.
1. What type of necklace?
2. Where is the damage?
3. What type of metal is it? (14k or 18k gold, platinum, tungsten, sterling silver)
Some of these are easy enough to answer over the phone, but some are much easier to do in person and will also allow the master jeweler to take a look. If you have any questions about your jewelry, please stop on by and say hi and we will be happy to answer these questions. That way, whether it’s that new wedding ring or a family heirloom, you will get to know the people who you might want to entrust with some of your most important treasures.
We look forward to seeing you and being of service.